The Multicultural Council of Tasmania’s vision is of a culturally and linguistically diverse and harmonious Tasmania that is just, fair and inclusive – where people with diverse backgrounds have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to Tasmanian society.
Our mission is to be a community based, member-driven organisation that empowers people from diverse and multicultural backgrounds to have a voice. We advocate and lobby for human rights, social justice, respect, equality and dignity for multicultural communities. We work to build an inclusive society by providing information and promoting cultures, languages and multicultural issues in the community and our members help to welcome new migrants and refugees to Tasmania.
Our values are of inclusiveness, respect, co-operation, integrity and accountability.
We work with:
- Our member organisations
- Residents of Tasmania with a culturally and linguistically diverse background, including people with a refugee background, international students and migrants
- All levels of government and agencies that provide services
- The broader Tasmanian community and organisations that we partner with to achieve our goals.
Multicultural Council of Tasmania policies
Our policies are publicly available and available below. Other organisations are welcome to use our policies when developing their own.
- Strategic Plan 2016-2018>>
- MCOT Constitution >>
- Annual Report 2016-2017 >>
- Annual Report 2015-2016 >>
- Annual Report 2014-2015 >>