The Multicultural Council of Tasmania aim to promote culturally, linguistically and religiously inclusive events and activities in our state.
If you would like to add to our calendar please click this link.
Listings with an * are key celebration dates for communities and not actual activities taking place in Hobart.
Are you new to business or thinking of starting a business?
Come along to a free session from the Australian Tax Office. We’ll introduce you to tax basics so you can give your business the best start.
When: Thursday 7th September, 5.30pm – 8pm
Where: Migrant Resource Centre, Level 2, 1A Anfield St, Glenorchy
Registrations are essential! To register for the workshop or find out more, contact Scoutt on 6221 0999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll learn about:
– the various types of business structures, to help you choose the right one for your business
– registrations you may need, including
-> goods and services tax
-> paying income tax by installments
-> additional registration and tax requirements if you employ staff
– potential tax and super implications when your business grows or changes
– how to work out your taxable income, including the deductions you can claim
– income tax rates and how they apply
– your reporting requirements, and how to keep track of your business through good record keeping
– how to save time using online reporting options
– where to get help and support when you need it
Our staff will show you how to use our online tools and resources. You’ll also have the chance to network with other small business owners in your area.
This workshop is for people from a migrant, refugee or humanitarian background. The workshop will be delivered in English.
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Visit www.dss.gov.au for more information.