The group has 317 voting members and 231 non-voting members.
A highlight for BKBAT has been their work on various projects to help Bhutanese community members to settle in the wider Australian community.
The BKBAT Inc. shall provide Association members with a platform for addressing all issues that will support their integration and access to opportunities in Australia in order to enhance their quality of life through co-operation and shared responsibilities.
- BKBAT will work with all the Australian communities, including government and non-governmental agencies to facilitate the resettlement of the people of Bhutanese origin in Tasmania
- It will facilitate and promote the culture and traditions of the Association’s members in harmony with respect to all other cultures and traditions in Australia.
Objectives of BKBAT:
- To provide for the establishment, management and operation of the Association.
- To represent the interests of the Association members to various government and non-government organizations in Tasmania.
- To promote awareness of the needs and help to solve the problems of the Association members.
- To provide an educational platform for meeting, discussing and identifying possible solutions of any issues of common interest or concern which affect directly or indirectly the Association members.
- To promote mutual understanding and co-operation among the members of the Association.
- To preserve and promote the Association members’ language, culture and traditions.
- To help to build a healthy and mutually respectful relationship with other
- To facilitate and organize the celebration of social and cultural events, including all festivals, rituals and promotion of literature in harmony.
- To liaise with government and non-government agencies at various levels for appropriate policies affecting the welfare of Bhutanese in Tasmania.
- JUG BAHADUR RAI (Chairperson)
- TIL BAALISAMPANG (Secretary)
- LOK BAHADUR RAI (Public Officer)
To get in touch contact email@example.com
Youtube: BKBAT Inc