The hub is a medium sized venue for hire, with wood flooring and high ceilings. It is the perfect space for community events, such as meetings, and gatherings of up to 130 people.
The hub can be hired seven days a week, between 9 am – 10 pm. All bookings are pending until confirmed.
*Due to high demand from many communities we are not able to accept ongoing weekly bookings at this time.
|Members and Friends
Half Day: $25
Full Day: $75
Half Day: $60
Full Day: $150
A refundable bond of $50 (members) and $250 (non-members) is required upon booking. Please see below for more details.
What is included
- Four fold out tables
- A large oval meeting table
- Power and heating
- Toilets, including a toilet with disabled access
- A basic kitchenette with microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle and fridge are available upon request. Please advise on your booking form if you would like access to the kitchen.
- You are to provide your own knives and forks, coffee, tea, milk and any other consumables – coffee stirrers, plates and cups are available for use.
- The use of a bain-marie is permitted. Please advise us if you are planning to supply your own.
What is not included
Use of our projector, sound system, venue staff, or cleaning services.
- Projector: $20 extra per booking
- Sound System: $40 extra per booking
- Cleaning services: $66 minimum
- Extra costs associated with having venue staff attend your event to be negotiated on an hourly rate.
- Consumables such as coffee, tea, milk, biscuits, snacks, etc.
Conditions of Hire
The Hub is a space where events that service and benefit the local community are encouraged. The community benefit needs to be clearly identifiable or able to be clearly articulated by potential users of the space. If it is not clearly articulated a commercial rate will be charged. Approval of events is at the discretion of the Hub staff, and advisory committee.
- No religious or political material is to be displayed at the Hub, nor is material deemed offensive by Hub staff to be displayed.
- No alcohol is to be consumed at the Hub, excluding Multicultural Council of Tasmania organised events.
- You are to provide your own coffee, tea, milk and any other consumables – coffee stirrers, plates and cups are available for use.
- No cooking is to be conducted in the kitchen, only heating is permitted.
- Bookings can be made via our website, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone or by dropping into the hub during business hours. All bookings are not confirmed until an invoice is issued and payment is made.
- A bond and deposit is required for all bookings.
- Due to high demand from many communities, we do not accept ongoing weekly bookings
- A bond of $50 (members/friends) and $250(non-members) is required upon booking. This bond will be returned to the hirer on the condition the venue is left in the condition it was prior to use and after a MCoT staff member signs the “After Event” form (to be provided upon confirmation)
- Hub hire fees can be paid by credit card via our website, by deposit or in cash.
- Hirers are expected to clean the premises after use, and ensure toilets are left hygienic and unsoiled. Should a cleaner be required the user will be lose their deposit and be required to pay any additional fees relating to cleaning services on top of this.
- Stack the dishwasher before leaving, if the kitchen has been used.
- Make sure the microwave is wiped clean, if the kitchen has been used.
- All equipment, chairs, and tables are to be returned to appropriate storage spaces at the completion of hire.
- All technical and electrical equipment brought onsite by the hirer must have current tag and test certification.
- MCoT supply for cleaning: 1 mop and bucket, 1 floor duster (to sweep), some crockery, rubbish bins & bags and cleaning products for floors and kitchens.
- Hirer to supply own tea towels, vacuum cleaning and any other items required.
- Remove any rubbish from the Hub.
Damage to the Hub
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to report any damage to the Hub upon arrival. If you see damage report it immediately by emailing email@example.com. In emergencies telephone x.
- In the case of damage made to the Hub during use the hirer is required to contact staff immediately. Should any damage occur during your use of the space you will be responsible for repair costs.
The Hub cannot store items as space is limited. All items brought in by groups must be removed from the premises (including rubbish) at the completion of an event.Alarm, Security & Safety
- Carefully follow the instructions attached for the building’s security alarm (provided at induction)
- The hirer will be charged for any security call-out fees that occur ($80 per call out)
- Absolutely NO smoking, open flames or alcohol is allowed on site.
- The use of open flames can trigger the alarm and/or cause safety risks. Any costs incurred due to the use of open flames will be charged to the hirer.
The Multicultural Council of Tasmania nor its staff will be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the hirer, or any person, form or corporation entrusted to or supplying any article or thing to the hirer by reason of any such article being stolen, damaged or lost and the hirer agrees to indemnify the Hub against any such actions.
Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before the event. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the event the Hub will retain the deposit.
- One set of keys will be issued to the contact person listed. This person is required to attend an induction for the building.
- The keys are not to be shared with anyone who is not listed on the agreement.
- If multiple people need access to the keys, please list their name(s) and phone number(s). These people MUST attend a building induction.
Public Liability Insurance
If your organization has Public Liability Insurance, please provide a copy to MCoT.
- The Hub address must not be used as a contact place or registered office unless authorised by Hub staff.
- No animals are permitted in the Hub except for animals who provide assistance.