As a friend you can show that you share our vision for a harmonious and inclusive Tasmania where people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to Tasmanian society.
The Multicultural Council is the lead organisation for promoting a multicultural Tasmania. We provide guidance so that people from all cultural backgrounds can participate in and contribute to Tasmanian society.
We advocate on behalf of migrant communities to government and forge partnerships that promote harmony and respect.
Throughout the year we hold events across the state, including:
- Harmony Week
- Refugee Week activities
- Multicultural community meetings
- Diwali the festival of lights
To show your support, and enable us to continue our work in the community, we invite your organisation/business to become a Friend of the Multicultural Council of Tasmania!
Benefits of becoming a Friend
- Advice to help to increase your organisations cultural awareness
- Assistance in organising events for Harmony Week and Refugee Week
- Connecting with community organisations
- A monthly multicultural newsletter
- Promotion of your events through our newsletter and Facebook page
- Listing of your organisation/business on our website
- Opportunity to display banners and promotional material at major events conducted by the Council
- Access to community leaders and organisations
- Certificate of affiliation as (Friend of Multicultural Council of Tasmania) to display in your office
A Friend membership is $200 on a yearly basis. Let’s schedule a meeting to discuss becoming a Friend of the Multicultural Council.
Download our brochure – here