The Multicultural Council of Tasmania (MCOT) is the peak body in Tasmania representing Tasmanians from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background including refugees, international students and international migrant people.
MCOT’s role is to advocate, lobby and promote issues on behalf of members, community cultural organizations from a CALD background to government, business and the broader community.
Friends of Multicultural Council of Tasmania
As a friend, you can show that you share our vision for a harmonious and inclusive Tasmania where people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to Tasmanian society. We provide guidance so that people from all cultural backgrounds can participate in and contribute to Tasmanian society.
Throughout the year we hold events across the state, including:
- Multicultural Hub
- Harmony Week
- Refugee Week activities
- Multicultural community meetings
- Multicultural events and festivals
Benefits of becoming a Friend
- Advice to help to increase your organisation’s cultural awareness
- Networking through access to community organisations, leaders and events
- A monthly multicultural newsletter
- Promotion of your events through our newsletter and Facebook page
- Advertising your organisation/business on our website
- Opportunity to display banners and promotional material at MCOT’s major events
- Certificate of affiliation as (Friend of Multicultural Council of Tasmania) to display in your office