MCOT works with government, media, and community organisations to further the interests of Tasmanians with culturally, linguistically, and religiously diverse backgrounds.
By being a member of MCOT, you demonstrate that Tasmanians with diverse cultural, linguistic, and religious backgrounds are willing and able to work together to deliver better outcomes across Tasmania. When MCOT has a strong membership with a wide variety of backgrounds, MCOT’s voice to government is stronger.
By joining MCOT, you also demonstrate your support for a multicultural Tasmania.
- A vote in our Annual General Meeting (conditions apply for individual and for profit organisation memberships)
- Advocacy on issues of concern to your communities and linking you with decision-makers
- Advice to help you build the strength of your community organisation
- Members receive a discounted rate for hiring the Multicultural Hub
- Project auspicing
- A monthly newsletter and members-only mail outs containing information on government grants, events, and multicultural news
- Public liability coverage for events and activities *
- Exclusive access to Multicultural Council of Tasmania small grants for activities promoting multiculturalism *
- Free use of two portable tables, available from our office in Hobart
- Promotion of events through our newsletter and Facebook page
- Listing of your group on our website
Pay by 31 July to get membership in the financial year commencing that July.
Payments from 1 August give rise to membership in the subsequent financial year.
When you select bank transfer, please enter the numbers for our account name, BSB, and account number.