People who wish to hire the Hub will be sent the Multicultural Hub’s COVID-19 Safety Plan including requirements to observe physical distancing, hygiene and cleaning.
For more information or bookings, please contact Multicultural Community Development Manager Nico van Leeuwen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under non Covid-19 circumstances
The hub is a venue for hire for up to 130 people.
It is the perfect space for community events, meetings and workshops.
The hub can be hired seven days a week, between 9 am – 10 pm.
All bookings are pending until confirmed.
|Members and Friends
Half Day: $35
Full Day: $84
Half Day: $105
Full Day: $210
A refundable bond of $250 (for non-members) is required upon booking.
Please see below for more details.
During our office hours (Monday – Friday 10.00am-3.00pm) we provide a meeting room suitable for up to 10 people free of charge.
Please contact MCOT in advance to book.
The fees above ensure that our members and communities have priority in book the Multicultural Hub.
They also ensure that we are able to clean and maintain the Hub for regular use throughout the week.
What is included:
- Power and heating
- Toilets, including a toilet with disabled access
- Chairs (approx. 100)
- Up to 10 tables
- A large oval meeting table with chairs
- A basic kitchenette with microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle and fridge are available upon request.Please advise at the time of your booking whether you would like access to the kitchen.
- You are to provide your own consumables
- Cutlery, cups and plates are available for use.
- The use of a bain-marie is permitted. Please advise us if you are planning to supply your own.
What is not included:
Use of our projector, sound system, support from venue staff, or cleaning services.
- Projector: $5 extra per booking
- Sound System: $40 extra per booking
- Cleaning services: from $60
- Extra costs associated with having venue staff attend your event to be negotiated on an hourly rate
- Consumables such as coffee, tea, milk, biscuits, snacks, etc.
Conditions of Hire
The Multicultural Hub is a space that people, particularly newly arrived migrants and emerging communities, can safely use for events, gatherings, and religious activities.
The community benefit needs to be clearly identifiable, or able to be clearly articulated, by potential users of the space.
If the community benefit is not clearly articulated a commercial rate can be charged.
Approval of events is at the discretion of the Multicultural Hub staff and the Multicultural Hub Advisory Forum.
- No material that is deemed offensive by Hub staff to be displayed at the Hub.
- Alcohol is allowed to be consumed at The Multicultural Hub. Responsible consumption of alcohol is the responsibility of the hiring client. When selling alcohol, the hiring client is subject to relevant laws and regulations, including obtaining the appropriate licenses.
- Hiring clients are to supply their own consumables, including coffee, tea, milk– limited amounts of cutlery, plates and cups are available for use.
- No cooking is to be conducted in the kitchen, only heating is permitted.
- Nothing is to be stuck to the walls by hire clients. Hooks are installed to use to hang decorations, if needed. If the hooks are not adequate, please contact MCOT staff to discuss alternatives, such as using a screen or the projector.
- No helium (floating) balloons are permitted, since they can cause damage to the heating system and are difficult to remove from the Hub.
- Booking inquiries can be made via our website, by email to email@example.com, by telephone or by visiting the Hub office during our opening hours.All bookings are not confirmed until an invoice is issued and payment is made.
- Bookings may be subject to cancellation in case of another booking with significant community benefit
- Due to high demand from many communities, we accept regular weekly bookings for a limited amount of time.
In case of booking clashes from regular bookings and one-time events at the Multicultural Hub, the process is as follows:
- Each party is asked if it is indifferent to booking the Hub at another time.
- If one party is a member and the other is not, the member gets the booking.
- If both parties are booking for one-off events, then first-in first-served.
- If one party wants the Hub for a one-off activity while the other party seeks the Hub at the same time as part of a regular series of activities, the party with the one-off event gets the booking if and only if that party gave three months’ notice. Assistance in finding another venue is provided to whichever party misses out.
- A bond ($250 for non-members) is required upon booking.
- This bond will be returned to the hirer on the condition the venue is left in the condition it was prior to use, and after a MCOT staff member verifies the condition of the Hub.Bank details need to be provided to MCOT after use, to enable return of the bond.
Note: Return of the bond will take between 5-7 working days.
- Hub hire fees can be paid via Bank transfer or in our office by Eftpos.
- Hirers are expected to clean the premises after use, and leave it as they left it.
- Stack the dishwasher before leaving, if the kitchen has been used.
- Make sure the microwave is wiped clean, if the kitchen has been used.
- All equipment, chairs, and tables are to be returned to appropriate storage spaces at the completion of hire.
- All technical and electrical equipment brought onsite by the hirer must have current tag and test certification.
- Ensure toilets are left hygienic and unsoiled
- MCOT supply for cleaning: 1 mop and bucket, 1 floor duster (to sweep), some crockery, rubbish bins & bags and cleaning products for floors and kitchens.
- Hirer to supply their own tea towels, vacuum cleaner and any other items required.
- Remove any rubbish from the Hub.
Note: Should a cleaner be required the user will be lose their deposit and be required to pay any additional fees relating to cleaning services on top of this.
Damage to the Hub
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to report any damage to the Hub upon arrival. If you see damage report it immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In emergencies telephone the emergency contact numbers given to you during induction.
- In the case of damage made to the Hub during use the hirer is required to contact staff immediately. Should any damage occur during use of the space the hirer will be responsible for repair costs.
The Hub cannot store items as space is limited. All items brought in by groups must be removed from the premises (including rubbish) at the completion of an event.
Alarm, Security & Safety
- Carefully follow the instructions attached for the building’s security alarm (provided at induction)
- The hirer will be charged for any security call-out fees that occur (minimal $80 per call out)
- Absolutely NO smoking or open flames allowed on site.
- The use of open flames can trigger the alarm and/or cause safety risks. Any costs incurred due to the use of open flames will be charged to the hirer.
The Multicultural Council of Tasmania nor its staff will be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the hirer, or any person, form or corporation entrusted to or supplying any article or thing to the hirer by reason of any such article being stolen, damaged or lost and the hirer agrees to indemnify the Hub against any such actions.
Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before the event. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the event the Hub will retain the deposit.
- One set of keys will be issued to the contact person listed. This person is required to attend an induction for the building.
- The keys are not to be shared with anyone who is not listed on the agreement.
- If multiple people need access to the keys, ALL people MUST attend an induction into The Hub procedures.
Public Liability Insurance
MCOT offers public liability insurance coverage for community events. Please discuss this when hiring The Hub. If your organization has Public Liability Insurance, please provide a copy to MCOT.
- The Hub address must not be used as a contact place or registered office unless authorised by Hub staff.
- No animals are permitted in the Hub except for animals who provide assistance on request.